The performance of the Nifty 50 Index lately indicates that this Indian stock market index witnessed an exponential movement since its bullish rally in the last two weeks. Nifty 50 was up by 1.06% as it closed at 17,340.0 (gaining 181.80 points) on Monday, August 1, 2022. The leading sectors were Auto (3.27%) and Media (2.30%). Therefore, the index opened the week and the month the week at a ‘green’. Earlier on Friday, Nifty 50 crossed the 17,000 mark with its opening value of 17,079.50.
Nifty 50 Performance At A Glance
Top Gainers And Losers Today
The top Indian stocks that saw a bullish performance today are:
- Tata Motors Limited (NSE: TATAMOTORS)
- Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (NSE: M&M)
- Adani Ports And Special Economic Zone Limited (NSE: ADANIPORTS)
The Indian stocks that saw a bearish performance even on a ‘green’ day are:
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NSE: SUNPHARMA)
- HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (NSE: HDFCLIFE)
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (NSE: HINDUNILVR)
The Nifty 50 Index was earlier expected to go up further and today’s opening was to serve as one of the primary deciding factors. Therefore, the performance stood in line with our expectations. Bearish traders did try to pull the market down but failed miserably.