Summer is just around the corner, and it is time to make the refreshing yet perfect Virgin Mojito. There are a host of drinks that you can explore this season. What is better than starting with this exotic and straightforward Cuban drink? The minty-lemony subtle flavour is refreshing than a Netflix episode!
The summers make relaxing pretty tricky, but not with a perfect mocktail, especially Virgin Mojito, a Cuban Drink. It calms and refreshes your body and mind in just the first sip. You might have had this fascinating and famous drink in resto-bars or pubs in either the Classic Mojito (cocktail) or Virgin Mojito versions. But what if you can make it at your kitchen’s comfort in just minutes? Nice idea!
This article brings you the most awaited Virgin Mojito recipe with the perfect blend of ingredients. The best part is – it is a non-alcoholic version, requires less expenditure and gets ready in a jiffy!
Let us now explore the recipe.
The ingredients’ units are mentioned for one glass of Virgin Mojito. So, the quantity will increase with the number of servings.
- Mint Leaves – 6 to 7
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
- A Bottle of Sprite
- Ice cubes – 2 to 3
- Mint Leaves and Lemon Slices For Garnishing
Note: You must prepare the drink in a tall serving glass to make the process quicker and the Mojito the most flavourful one. If you want to replace Sprite with soda, you will have to add sugar syrup into the lemon juice. The choice of drink you will use will change the way your Virgin Mojito will taste. All of these are, however, great concoctions. Adjust the tartness and sweetness as per your requirement.
Here is the Virgin Mojito recipe step by step curated just for you.
- Take a serving glass and add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Add around 3-4 mashed mint leaves. To mash the mint leaves, you can use a mini wooden hand blender or a muddler. Mash for 10 seconds or so to let the mint leaves release their essential oils. Ensure you do not overdo it, or else the mint leaves will make the drink bitter and unpleasant.
- Add Sprite to the serving glass, leaving some space at the top so that the contents do not spill out and that there remains some space for the garnishing. You can also replace Sprite with any other clear, sweetened carbonated drink. The most preferred ones are club soda, ginger ale or sparkling water. To make the simple syrup, boil equal parts of water and sugar until the sugar gets completely dissolved in water. Refrigerate the syrup.
- Next, it is time to garnish the Virgin Mojito. For that, first, drop two to three ice cubes in the glass. For garnishing with lemon slices and mint leaves, there are two ways –
- Cut a big, round and medium-thin slice of lemon and spread on the drink’s surface and then add the torn mint leaves. You can also go ahead and replace the torn mint leaves with a small bunch of mint leaves (mint leaf apex). Cut a small semi-circle lemon and place it on the edge of the serving glass.
- Cut a round, big and medium-thin slice of lemon and place it on the edge of the serving glass. Spread some roughly torn mint leaves on top of the drink. Some also prefer to coat the top lining of the serving glass with some salt. This is, however, completely exceptional.
- Serve chilled immediately.
Our refreshing non-alcoholic Virgin Mojito is entirely ready in around 15 minutes.
Virgin Mojito Recipe At A Glance:
Tried This Recipe?
Please rate the recipe by clicking the stars below.
Virgin Mojito is a refreshing and classic non-alcoholic beverage made from lemon juice and mint leaves. It is sweet-tart to taste. The beverage is perfect for parties and also can be enjoyed in the home. It is affordable and relatively easy to make.
We hope that you enjoy your drink as much as we do! Try the recipe and let us know your feedback in the comments section below.