As strawberries contemplate winters, mangoes contemplate summers. So here we have brought you an amazingly delicious mango cake recipe, that will increase your dessert cravings to the next level.
Mango cakes are no different from the regular cakes that we have. It is just that, this cake adds a mango flavor to your cake. And in spite of using food flavors, if you use real mango fruit then this dish is going to taste like heaven. The cake that we are going to make will be a sponge cake. So without any further delay, let us get started with the mango sponge cake recipe.
Best Eggless Mango Cake Recipe
There is a mango cake recipe with egg, and also a mango cake recipe without egg. But today we will be seeing an eggless mango cake recipe. This is a healthy dish as it is made completely with healthy ingredients. We will be using chapati atta or whole wheat flour to make this cake. If you wish to opt for all purpose flour which is also known as atta, you can do that as well. This cake will provide a light soft texture of mangoes along with a nice aroma. So let us get started with the recipe.
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour, leveled or 180 grams whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams unsalted butter or ½ cup chopped chilled butter
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk or 200 grams or half a can
- 2 large alphonso mango or 200 grams or 1 cup tightly packed chopped mangoes or 1 cup mango puree
- 3 to 4 tablespoon sugar or add as required
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence, (substitute is ½ teaspoon cardamom powder or ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder in place of vanilla extract)
This recipe takes 15 minutes to prepare and 50 minutes to cook. So the total time required to make this mango cake is 1 hour 5 minutes. This is a vegetarian dish that is found all over the globe. And as per the quantity mentioned this dish will offer approximately 10 slices.
- In a mixing bowl sieve 1.5 cups of atta/wheat flour, ½ tablespoon of baking soda, and 1 tablespoon of baking powder. And keep the already sieve dry ingredients aside.
- Now take a loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches) or you can also take a round pan (7 or 7.5 inches diameter) and grease it with either butter and leave it aside.
- Next, peel and then chop 2 Alphonso mangoes and then add them to a blender. Now add sugar. This should be your idea. The amount of sugar will depend on your mango’s sweetness. If your mangoes are very sweet you can use 3 tablespoons of mangoes, but if they are not then you can increase the amount your way. And then blend it into a fine puree. You can also use mango juice or ready-made puree.
- While you are doing this, ensure to preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit 15 minutes prior to your baking. For baking in the convection mode use 170 degrees Celsius/330 degrees Fahrenheit as the preheat temperature.
- Now coming to the batter making part. Take 100 grams of unsalted butter in a pan and by keeping the flame low, melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, keep the pan down. Now add ¾ cup of condensed milk. Now initiate to stir well by whisking it. Whisk it well and prepare a homogeneous mixture.
- Now add the mango puree and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Instead of vanilla extract, you can also add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder or 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder, or 1/2 tsp mango essence or extract.
- Stir again very smooth and then add the flour. Now gently fold the mixture of flour and other ingredients with a spatula.
- There should be a volume in the cake batter so that it does not fall flat. It should be consistent. Not too loose, and not too tight.
- Now add the batter in the pan that you have greased sometimes back. Shake the pan well so that there are no air bubbles inside.
- Place the pan in the oven or in the micro oven that has already been preheated and bake it for 40-50 minutes.
- Once the time is over, take out the pan from the oven and with a pin or a toothpick pierce it inside the cake and ensure whether it has been cooked properly or not. If it comes out clean then your cake is perfectly cooked.
- Take out the cake from the pan and make slices out of it. Serve it after dinner on a summer night.
Mango Cake Recipe In Gist
Mangoes are an all time favorite for the majority of the people. Here we have discussed the mango cake recipe eggless. Just have a look at the recipe in a gist.
Tried This Recipe?
Please rate the recipe by clicking the stars below.
Eggless Mango Cake
A soft and fluffy eggless cake with the irresistible flavor of mangoes. It is combined with the rich milky taste of the condensed milk and a tinge of vanilla essence.
1 Hour 5 Minutes
To cater to your mango and dessert cravings, we have brought an eggless mango cake recipe, where you will get both your dessert and mango at the same place. This mango cake is easy to make with very minimal ingredients and it is super delicious in taste. You should give this recipe at least one try at home. There are many eminent chefs who have tried making their own mango cake recipes as well, like the mango cake recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor, and many more.