10 Top Places In India Worth Visiting In Your Lifetime
Endlessly surprising yet deeply traditional, India is on the bucket list of all travelers because of its colorful places and varied travel destinations. In this article, we will see the top places in India to visit that will keep you mesmerized.
Travelers might dream of traveling to top romantic places in India like visiting Agra for Taj Mahal or may wish to search for unique places to visit in India like Goa and Darjeeling. So this list of top 10 tourist places in India 2021 will end up giving you vivid details about the best tourist places in India. So let us get started.
Top Places To Visit In India For Tourists
As mentioned earlier, India is filled with varied colors and cultures that have been attracting tourists for more than centuries. Various people desire to visit various types of places in India from romantic, to chilling to historical and surprisingly India actress to all types of tourists with its varied landmass.
Delhi - The National Capital
Delhi is called a ‘mini India’. You can experience the variety in diversity and culture of the whole of India in Delhi. It is among the top tourist places to visit in India.
Delhi is not only famous for being the national capital. It has a huge association with history and modernization and thus is considered as a jewel of India.
- Red Fort and India Gate
- Humayun’s Tomb
- ISKCON Temple
- Chandni Chowk, the busiest market of the city
- Street shopping and appetizing street foods
- Different types of historical monuments
Mumbai: The City Of Dreams
Mumbai which is known as the city of dreams has a beating heart of its own. Whether you wish to induce in the vivacity of India or just want to infuse into spirituality, Mumbai has everything packed in itself. The top places to visit in Mumbai are endless. The monsoon in Mumbai is a bliss to experience.
- Marine Drive and Juhu beach
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Gateway of India and Victoria Terminus
- Jehangir Art gallery and Fashion City
- Museum & art galleries
- Vivacious nightlife and Street foods
- Colorful street markets and deluxe malls
Goa - The Bachelor’s Destination
Goa is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit in India with friends. Goa is the city that is always set to embrace in its shining skyline and dazzling beaches. Goa is an exceptional and the most beautiful place to visit in India. Though it is ideal for every season, Goa finds its glory in winters.
- Anjuna beach and many other beaches
- Basilica of Bom Jesus and Se Cathedral
- Aguada Fort and Chapora Fort
- Water sports activities, especially, cruising
- Spa & massage
- Flea markets and shopping
- Of course, vivacious nightlife
Agra: Mecca OF Historical Monuments In India
When it comes to the top places in India to visit, that list can never be complete without Agra. It is known to be the pilgrimage of historical monuments in India. If you are visiting India to discover its enriched history then Agra should be at the top of your list. Agra holds the famous Taj Mahal that is one among the seven wonders of the world and so to witness the beauty of the Taj Mahal tourists from all over the world visit India.
- Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
- Akbar’s Tomb
- Fatehpur Sikri and Jama Mosque
- Mughal architecture and cuisines
- Exceedingly vibrant markets
- Also, leather goods and the Petha of Agra are very renowned.
Lucknow: City Of Nawabs
After admiring the Mughal architecture, now it is time for you to explore the city of nawabs. From beautiful architecture to delicious food, you will get the real taste of India in Lucknow is a nawabi touch.
In between exploring do not miss to taste the gorgeous Lucknowi Kebabs. It will literally keep you licking your finger.
- Lucknow Zoo and Dr. Ambedkar Park
- Hazratganj market and British Residency
- Bara Imambara and Rumi Darwaza
- Rich culture matched with fine architecture
- Assorted food items, especially Kebab
- Enticing markets
Varanasi: The City Of Lights
Varanasi is known as the city of lights. Lucknow was one face of Uttar Pradesh that showed you history, and Varanasi is another face of Uttar Pradesh that will show you spirituality and will sail your heart and mind along with the waves of Ganga. You can feel kaleidoscopic in Varanasi where the river Ganges flows and the city is filled with temples where you will constantly hear echoes of the mantras being repeated.
- Colossal unnumbered of Ganga Ghats
- Ramnagar Fort and Chunar Fort
- Bharat Kala Bhawan Museum
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple and other majestic temples
- Of course, for River Ganga and boat ride
- Breathtaking evening Aarti ceremony
- Narrows streets replete with eateries and colorful stalls
- Maha Shivratri festival and Silk Sari
Munnar: Kashmir Of South India
No matter what type of places you are searching for, Munnar has to be among your dream places to visit in India. It is that place where you can see the sun kissing the mountains, nature dancing with sprawling tea plantations, and the greenery doing romance with the rivers. So visit Munnar to engross your heart in this soothing aura of nature.
- Atukkad waterfalls and Mattupetty dam
- Eravikulam national park
- Echo Point and Photo Point
- Rose Garden and Kundala lake
- Widespread tea plantations
- An assortment of herbs & medicinal plants
- Of course, the farthest glory of nature.
Darjeeling stands among the top 10 places to visit in India for honeymoon. The best thing about Darjeeling is it embraces every visitor with its beauty of the mountains. No matter what type of vaccination you are planning for, Darjeeling caters to all segments. And above that, the most important thing is it is one the most affordable tourist destinations. The cafes at Darjeeling ensure that you get a relaxing effect with the view of the majestic snow capped Kanchanjanga.
- Tiger Hill
- Japanese Peace Pagoda and Ghoom Monastery
- Sandakphu Trek and Singalila National Park
- Natural beauty and breathtaking hillocks
- Trekking, camping, and rafting
- Buddhist monasteries
Hyderabad: The City Of Nizams
If you want to witness the mix of modernity and history then there is no better place than Hyderabad. Hyderabad has changed drastically from being the capital of Qutub Shahi to the IT hub of India.
Even today it holds the history gracefully in the form of forts and mosques. And with food, Hyderabad is known for its biryani, and people all over the globe visit this place just to taste the authentic Hyderabadi biryani. One of the oldest hubs of biryani at Hyderabad is Paradise.
- Charminar and Golconda Fort
- Mecca Mosque and Birla Temple
- Hussain Sagar Lake and other lakes
- Chowmahalla Palace and Taj Falaknuma Palace
- Delectable foods, especially for Biryani
- Muslim monuments
- Notably, for the Deccan festival
Ladakh: The Land Of High Passes
Do you want to witness heaven? Then there is no better place than Ladakh. It is said to be heaven on earth. You cannot capture the beauty of Ladakh in a picture. Know why? Because the serenity and glory of Ladakh are hard to capture and to depict? It is impossible. Words would fall less to describe the beauty that Ladakh holds. Every traveler dreams of visiting Ladakh and if it is a road trip then that can be the best that can happen.
- Pangong Lake and Khardung La Pass
- Nubra and Shyok Valleys
- Magnetic Hill
- Highest motorable road
- Water sports activities and camping
- Particularly, for snowfall
India never falls short to cater to tourism. Every road of India is worth traveling and exploring. Here are the top places in India worth visiting. But other than that the country is filled with unique places holding its unique cultures and traditions.