Risotto is among those dishes that we love eating but do not have the patience to prepare. It requires some tactics that need to be done precisely. Other than that this is a super easy and super tasty dish that can turn our moods on. Today we will be seeing an easy Mushroom Risotto recipe.
The Creamy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
The Mushroom Risotto takes nearly 50 minutes of precise stirring, and every few minutes adding a half cup of hot stock to the risotto rice, as the rice absorbs the liquid slowly it’s in. For this Mushroom Risotto recipe, the mushrooms are required to be sauteed first and then cooked in brandy/wine. If you want to avoid alcohol then there is Mushroom Risotto without wine. Let us see the creamy risotto recipe without any delay.
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
The time to prepare this recipe is around 20 minutes and the total cooking time is 30 minutes. So the total time required is around 50 minutes. The quantity of ingredients that have been mentioned serves approximately 6 people.
- Take a saucepan, and warm the broth by keeping the heat low.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a big saucepan ensuring that the pan is on medium-high flame. Stir in the chopped mushrooms, and cook until it is soft for about 3 minutes. Once it is done, remove mushrooms and their liquid, and keep it aside.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook it for a minute. Then add the rice. Stir it well so that it gets coated with oil for about 2 minutes. When the rice has started to change to a pale, golden color, add in the wine. Ensure to stir constantly until the rice absorbs the wine completely.
- Now add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is also absorbed completely by the wine. Continue to add the broth 1/2 cup at a time, and stir continuously, until the liquid is absorbed by the rice for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the absorption is done completely, remove from heat, and stir in the mushrooms with their juice, chives, butter, and Parmesan. Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
The Creamy Mushroom Risotto Recipe In Gist
Let us have a look at the Mushroom Risotto recipe in short.
Tried This Recipe?
Please rate the recipe by clicking the stars below.
The Italian dish, Risotto rice is a quite famous dish and is loved by many. It finds its origin in Italy. There are a variety of rice that is used for this dish, some among them are Carnaroli, Arborio, and Vialone Nano.
If you are bored with your regular foods, then it is time to make something different yet super tasty. It is time to make Mushroom Risotto. You might have heard that preparing this recipe is difficult. But that is not the case. You should know the right way to make it. Here is an easy Mushroom Risotto recipe that will make you fall for this food.