An Easy Sunday Dish: The Creme Fraiche Chicken Recipe
This creamy Creme Fraiche Chicken recipe is great in taste when served with cheesy mashed potatoes and some seasonal vegetables and is a perfect dish for an easy dinner. In this crème fraîche recipe of chicken, we will see how to make the crème Fraiche sauce for chicken.
Creme Fraiche Chicken Recipe Explained
In this Creme Fraiche Chicken recipe, the juicy and tender breasts of chicken sit in a tasty sauce of crème fraîche that is flavored with garlic, wholegrain mustard, freshly chopped parsley, and parmesan cheese. This is a perfect recipe for families which can be served on Sundays. It tastes luxurious because of its sauce but is super easy to prepare. There are many recipes with this sauce. They are namely:
- chicken crème fraîche pasta
- chicken with crème fraîche and pesto
- chicken crème fraîche pasta bake
- chicken crème fraîche rice
Now you may wonder why this recipe? This is a super easy dish that can be made with only a handful of ingredients, can be kept in the freezer for many days, and finally, it tastes amazing.
- Chicken – 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
- Olive Oil – for the purpose of browning the chicken.
- Crème Fraiche – Try to use the full-fat crème Fraiche as that is best for this recipe.
- Wholegrain Mustard – or you can also use Dijon mustard.
- Garlic – 2 cloves of garlic, chopped and peeled.
- Thyme – fresh or dried.
- Stock – that is made using a chicken cube or stockpot.
- Parmesan – finely grated cheese to provide the sauce with a savory flavor.
- Baby Spinach – adds color to the dish.
The preparation time required for this dish is 5 minutes, the cooking time is 30 minutes. So the total time required to prepare this dish is 35 minutes. As per the quantities, this dish serves approximately 4 people and is a British Cuisine which can be had in the main course. Other than with chicken, you can also make this recipe with mushrooms. In the case of chicken creme fraiche mushroom, you will just have to replace chicken with mushroom.
- Heat some oil (olive oil) in a shallow casserole and saute the breasts of the chicken till they turn brown. Then once that is done, remove that to a plate.
- Now in that same pan add thyme and garlic cloves and cook them on medium heat by stirring them often for 2 minutes.
- Now pour the stock and the crème fraîche and the mustard and then whisk the sauce by keeping the flame in medium heat until it turns to be creamy and thick.
- Once that is ready, add the grated parmesan and stir it until it melts.
- Now add the chicken back into the pan of sauce along with the baby spinach and then simmer that item in low heat for 15 minutes until the chicken gets cooked completely.
- Once the chicken is ready, serve it and season it with freshly chopped parsley.
Creme Fraiche Chicken Recipe In A Gist
Here is a quick take through.
Tried This Recipe?
Please rate the recipe by clicking the stars below.
Creme Fraiche Chicken
Creme Fraiche Chicken is a delicious new recipe of chicken that is perfect for a Sunday dinner with your family. The creamy sauce in this recipe adds the main flavor in this recipe.
Course | Cuisine
Main Course | British
If you are bored with your regular dinner, then here is a new item for you that will enhance your taste buds and you will get a new item to treat your guests and family. The Creme Fraiche Chicken recipe is super easy to make and takes just 35 minutes to get prepared. You should definitely give this a try at home and let us know your feedback in the comment section below.