It is time to skip the takeaway and prepare some delicacies at your home in a few easy steps. It is time for Chicken Tikka Masala. Yes! You have heard me right. In this article, we will be discussing the Indian Chicken Tikka Masala recipe and that too in simple steps. So without any further delay let us begin. You will also find a Chicken Tikka Masala recipe Sanjeev Kapoor that will tell you similar things only.
Authentic Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
The best thing about this recipe is that similar to the butter chicken recipe, you may have these ingredients ready in your kitchen. There is no extra struggle to go out and buy any special ingredients to make this recipe. The easy Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is generally made with chicken that is marinated with yogurt and grilled in the charcoal to obtain that incredible bbq flavor. But for making it in an easy manner we will be using a skillet pot for cooking that will help us to obtain the similar flavors.
Try to use chicken thighs instead of breasts to get the succulent juicy flavors. And also using thighs cut down the time of marination as you will need only 10 minutes to marinate the chicken before cooking. But if you are using chicken breasts then it is not an issue, but just try to marinate it overnight to obtain the best results. For the Chicken Masala recipe as well you can use chicken thighs.
For the chicken marinade:
- 800g skinless and boneless chicken thighs chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small onions, finely diced
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons garlic grated finely
- 1 tablespoon of ginger grated finely
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 400g tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups of thickened or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water if needed
- 4 tablespoons Fresh coriander to garnish
The Chicken Tikka Masala is a north Indian main course dish that requires 15 minutes of preparation time and 30 minutes of cooking time. So the total time needed to prepare this dish is 45 minutes. As per the quantities mentioned this dish serves approximately 5-6 people.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken pieces and all the ingredients required to marinate it and keep it marinated for 10 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a large pot or skillet on medium to high heat. When the oil starts to heat up, add the marinated chicken pieces in turns of 2 or 3. Ensure you do not crowd the pan with the chicken pieces. Fry the chickens until they turn brown for 3 minutes on each side. Once done, set the chickens aside.
- Now in the same pan melt the butter. Fry the onions until they turn soft while scraping the bits of brown that are stuck on the pan’s bottom.
- Now add ginger and garlic and saute it for 1 minute and then add cumin, garam masala, coriander, and turmeric and fry them for 20 seconds until fragrant. Stir it occasionally.
- Now pour in the tomato puree, salt, and chili powder. Let that gravy simmer for about 10-15 minutes and stir occasionally until that sauce starts to thicken and becomes a deep red-brown color.
- Now add the cream and sugar and also the chicken pieces and cook it for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is prepared through and the gravy is bubbling and thick. If required you can add some water to thin out the gravy. In place of cream, there is also an easy Chicken Tikka Masala recipe with coconut milk which you can use.
- Now garnish that with cilantro and serve it with hot garlic rice or fresh Naan bread.
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe In A Gist
Other than this you will also find the tandoori chicken tikka recipes as well. Here is a Chicken Tikka Masala recipe in a gist.
Tried This Recipe?
Please rate the recipe by clicking the stars below.
Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken Tikka Masala is a north Indian dish that is super creamy and is easy to make at home in a single pan with all the ingredients that are readily available in your home. The aromatic golden brown chicken in this creamy thick gravy will nourish your tastebuds instantly.
Now Sundays can avoid takeaways as it is really easy to prepare amazing chicken recipes at home. The Chicken Tikka Masala recipe requires basic home ingredients for its preparation and in less than an hour. All you have to do is get yourself out of the bed on Sundays and treat yourself to this amazing dish by making it at home. Trust me a homemade dish can match no restaurant.