Bloody Mary Recipe: Taste The World Famous Cocktail At Home
The Bloody Mary is known to be one of the most renowned cocktails in the world. It is popular for its ability to jumpstart even the most dull mornings. The origin of this cocktail is still unclear but the backstory indicates the mid 1930s. In today’s food blog we will see a perfect Bloody Mary recipe that you can easily make at home.
About Bloody Mary Cocktail
The original recipe of Bloody Mary is believed to have contained seven primary ingredients: celery salt, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, tomato juice, black pepper, Tabasco, and lemon juice. But just like any other classic drink, it has inspired many variations. The popular versions of this recipe include the Red Snapper (spiked with gin) and the Caesar, Bloody Maria (made with tequila), and a Canadian creation that features Clamato juice.
More recently this recipe has highly inspired an arms race that is based on garnishing as bars and restaurants and bars top their drinks with mad garnishes that include shrimp, bacon, mini cheeseburgers, and lobster tails changing the drink into its own brunch.
Tips For Making The Best Bloody Mary
Here are some pro tips that will help you to prepare the best Bloody Mary cocktail at home.
- Always begin with high quality ingredients. Tomato juice is the base of this cocktail, so choose the one with the best quality. Choose good quality vodka as well.
- Add fresh Bloody Mary ingredients. Try and use all the fresh ingredients. Avoid using refrigerated objects. It will give your juice a fresh hint of flavor.
- Try to use fresh and fun garnishes for your drink. Make it good and great. You can use fresh leafy celery sticks, or fresh lemon or lime.
Spicy Bloody Mary Recipe
All these while we have known enough about this world famous cocktail, now it is time to know the ways to make it. There are Bloody Mary mix available but do not use them. Here is a unique Bloody Mary recipe that can be made easily at home.
- 32 ounces tomato juice
- 8 ounces vodka
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- ⅓ cup distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Kosher salt, optional for the rims of your glasses,
- Lots of ice, for serving
- Garnishes of your choice.
The Bloody Mary cocktail takes nearly 10 minutes to prepare and as per the quantities mentioned it serves 1 person. This is an alcoholic drink that includes spirits like Vodka, so drink at your own risk. If you are prohibited from consuming alcohol, you can also make Bloody Mary (virgin) mocktail and enjoy the same level of refreshment.
- In a blender, mix the tomato juice, cucumber, vodka, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, and hot sauce. Fasten the lid securely and blend them at high speed until they are completely smooth.
- Taste it, and add more hot sauce for more heat. Now add the black pepper and the garlic. Fasten the lid securely and blend them for just a few seconds. Taste, and mix in ¼ teaspoon salt for enhancing overall flavor if you’d like to. Set it aside.
- If you wish to rim your glasses with salt, then run a lime wedge or lemon around the outside rim of your glass. Pour kosher salt onto a small flat plate, and roll the wet edge of your glass across the salt at an angle of 45-degree. Repeat the same with the remaining glasses.
- Now pour the Bloody mary in the glasses and garnish with your desired topping and serve it chill.
Bloody Mary Recipe In A Gist
Bloody Mary which is said to be the most popular cocktail in the world can now be made in your kitchen. Here is a Bloody Mary recipe in a gist.
Tried This Recipe?
Please rate the recipe by clicking the stars below.
Bloody Mary is a cocktail containing tomato juice, vodka, and a couple of herbs and spices. Several variants of Bloody Mary are found of which some contain bacon and shrimp. In the U.S. it is usually consumed in the morning or afternoon as a hangover cure.
The Bottom Line
Bloody Mary is one of the most popular cocktails in the world. Nobody can trace its actual origin, but with time it has taken the shape of a variety of drinks inspired by others. The above is a Bloody Mary recipe, that you can easily make at home.