Gautam Adani, is a 60 year old (as of 2022) businessman, and philanthropist who is the chairman and founder of Adani Group. The Adani Group is an Ahmedabad-based multinational conglomerate that is involved in the port development and operations in India. He is the president of the Adani Foundation primarily led by his wife, Priti Adani. As of June 2021, his family's net worth has been estimated to be around US$78.6 billion. As per Forbes, he is the second richest man in Asia and holds 13th position as richest man in the world. He had pursued his education from the Sheth Chimanlal Nagindas Vidyalaya school in Ahmedabad. He was a drop out in college where he enrolled a bachelor's degree in commerce at Gujarat University.
Awards & Accolades
Gautam Adani has received a couple of awards for his achievements that are listed below:
- The Adani Foundation, which is the Corporate Social Responsibility arm of Adani Group, was awarded the 3rd Annual Greentech CSR Award in 2014.
Below are the awards he received for his company Adani Group:
- Leading trader of coal, wheat, doc, castor oil, sulphur, petrochem products, power trading, iron ore, pulses etc.
- Awarded the status of export house in 2004
- Niryat Shree Gold Trophy (2004-05)
- Niryat Shree Gold Trophy (2003-04)
- Awarded as “Five Star Export House”.
- ICSI award for Excellence in Corporate Governance, ’04 among the Top 25 Companies
- Awarded the “Golden Super Star Trading House”.
- Ranked 38th in Business Standard’s list of 1000-India’s Corporate Giants (2003)
- SOPA Award (1999-00, 2000-01, 2001-02)
- Gold Trophy, SRTEPC (1999-00, 2000-01)
- FIEO’s Niryat Shree Gold Trophy (1999-00)