Today let us have a look at one of the very famous desserts – Tiramisu with all the made ingredients and easy steps. If you are bored with your regular ice-creams or cakes, then you should definitely try this to change your taste for dessert. Without further delay let us get into the Tiramisu recipe.
The classic Tiramisu recipe is one of the famous Italian desserts. This dessert is creamy and rich in texture with some sparkles of espresso, chocolate, and almonds.
The best thing about Tiramisu is that it has everything in one package: rum, coffee, or brandy, a super creamy but moderately sweet custard and some chocolates. During summers we should incline towards a less sweet dessert and for those times mascarpone cheese is the perfect item. So let us see the Tiramisu recipe quickly.
Mascarpone: If you are familiar with this ingredient, it tastes similar to solid cream and goes perfectly with everything. You will get this in most of the grocery stores. But if you want a Tiramisu recipe without mascarpone in that case you can use an alternative. At room temperature mix all these ingredients until they are well combined:
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2tbs unsalted butter
Espresso: A strong espresso is one of the main hints in any Tiramisu recipe, so brew a strong one from your local coffee shop, or you can also use an instant espresso.
Dark Rum: It is preferable to use a nice dark rum, but you can also choose brandy instead. But if you want a Tiramisu recipe without alcohol, then you can skip this ingredient.
Ladyfinger: You will get these finger shaped cookies in almost all grocery stores but not all. You can prepare your own ladyfinger or even order online if your local grocery shop does not sell it.
- 1 cup (8floz/225ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 oz/71g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rum or Brandy (optional but yummy!)
- 2 cups (16oz/450ml) espresso or strong coffee at room temperature
- 1 pack of Ladyfingers (Boudoir biscuits/Savoiardi.)
- Cocoa powder for dusting the top
- Egg yolk or curd
This Tiramisu recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare by simplifying the method while offering you the most delicious Tiramisu at home. As per the quantity of the ingredients this recipe will serve approximately 6 people.
- In a medium bowl mix the dark rum and espresso. You can subtiture the rum with cognac or brandy, for some extra hint of flavor. You can skip the alcohol as well and in that place you can add simple syrup, some vanilla, and/or hot chocolate to the espresso.
- Then add the mascarpone cheese or the cheese that you have prepared in a large bowl and then add the dark rum. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Now add the egg yolk and sugar in a medium glass bowl. If you want a Tiramisu recipe eggless, then you can add plain curd. Then whisk them together until they are combined well. Now place the bowl of boiling water. Ensure the water does not touch the bowl and continue to whisk. Whisk until the mixture turns yellow in color. This mixture is the zabaione. It is the custard that will hold and set your tiramisu together so take your time and continue whisking.
- Now pour the zabaione into the mixture of mascarpone and continue mixing until well combined. Place it in the fridge for it to set.
- Next combine the vanilla extract and cold whipping cream in a large bowl for 30 seconds or so and slowly rise the speed over the course of a few minutes to high. Beat the mixture until you have medium-stiff peaks but keep looking at it, the whipped cream will turn to butter if over-whipped which will ruin your dessert! Fold the whipped cream into your mascarpone mixture then keep aside.
- Now dip the ladyfingers in the espresso solution. Ensure that they are not completely soaked by the ladyfingers as well need the center to be a bit hard for the mascarpone filling.
- Now add some ladyfingers on the tray and then add half of the mascarpone filling on top of it. Repeat the same process for the second layer.
- Once that is done, dust the cocoa powder and refrigerate it for a minimum of 6 hours. It will be best if you allow it to sit overnight.
Tiramisu Recipe In Gist
This famous Italian Tiramisu recipe can be prepared 2-3 days in advance. You can of course freeze the dessert if you would like to store it for longer. Wrap well and keep it overnight in the refrigerator. Let us have a look at this recipe in a gist.
Tried This Recipe?
Please rate the recipe by clicking the stars below.
Tiramisu is one of the most popular Italian desserts meaning “a pick me up”. It is a rich treat that blends the bold flavours of cocoa and espresso. Additionally, it has savory mascarpone cheese and wine, layered with ladyfinger biscuits.
A classic Tiramisu recipe is this easy to make. All you have to do is ensure that all the ingredients are in perfect temperature and in perfect quantity. That’s all. Refrigerate well and enjoy this amazing Italian dessert in your hot summer days.