There are days when you want to prepare a three course meal that has the main course, appetizers, and desserts. But again there are days when you don’t want to make all of these and want to complete them in just one recipe. For those days, this article will save you. In this article, we will be looking at easy Chicken Paella recipes.
The struggle to find out new, innovative dishes is quite true for all the chefs at home, mainly when the motivation to cook is very less. But you don’t have to worry at all. We have an escape for you with this spicy Chicken Paella recipe. This is the perfect recipe for you which is fuss free, simple, and ready in just less than an hour. This is a one pot meal that will satisfy you without needing to spend hours in the kitchen.
About The Best Chicken Paella Recipe
Chicken Paella Valenciana is a recipe that is said to have originated in Valencia, which is the rice producing region of Spain. The term Paella mainly implies the special pan where the one pot meal is prepared. Sources suggest that framers in this region first made this dish by mixing vegetables, meat, and rice in a pan. The concept of Paella is not completely different from the Indian Pulao or even the Khichdi. Leftovers were thus used to make a delicious meal that was balanced with various other nutrients and ingredients thus preparing a portion of wholesome food.
Chicken Paella Recipe: How To Make It?
This is a Spanish dish from the region of Valencia. This dish is made in the vessel itself, which is a shallow round pan that is made up of carbon steel that heats evenly and quickly. A good Paella pan allows to development of the crispy layer of the rice crust on the bottom that is the best part of this dish. In this place, a large skillet will also work, if you cannot arrange for a Paella pan. Here is a complete Chicken Paella recipe that you can try at home.
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads,
- crushed 3 tablespoons olive oil 8
- (6-oz.) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Bomba rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 red bell pepper, torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges
The time required to prepare for this dish is 15 minutes and the cooking time of this dish is 35 minutes. So the total time to prepare this dish is 50 minutes. As per the quantities mentioned, this dish can serve approximately 2 people.
- Mix together lemon rind, saffron, and juice in a small bowl and then set aside.
- Heat oil in a 13 to 15 inch skillet or Paella pan with a lid over medium-high. Add black pepper to the chicken and also add 3/4 teaspoon salt. Then add 4 chicken thighs to the pan and cook, by keeping the skin side down, until golden brown, for nearly 6 minutes. Turn the chicken over again and cook until browned, for nearly 3 minutes. Shift chicken to a plate and repeat with all the 4 chicken thighs. Add thyme, onion, and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes. Now add the rice and cook, mixing often for 2 minutes. Add wine and cook until decreased by about half, for nearly 2 minutes. Stir in stock, lemon juice mixture, and residual 3/4 teaspoon salt. Nestle the chicken, skin side up, into the rice. Cover and decrease the heat to medium and then simmer until rice is just al dente, for nearly 18 minutes. Uncover pan.
- Now add red pepper and peas pieces. Raise heat to medium-high and cook until rice starts to brown on the bottom and edges of the pan, for nearly 5 minutes. Eliminate from heat. Add parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
Chicken Paella Recipe In A Gist
Let us quickly have a look at the Chicken Paella recipe authentic in a gist.
Tried This Recipe?
Please rate the recipe by clicking the stars below.
Paella is a traditional Spanish recipe that is prepared with rice, chicken, white wine, assorted vegetables, saffron, and herbs. This dish is prepared in a single pot to derive its optimum taste.
The Bottom Line
There can be days when you are not willing to prepare a full course meal, and for those lazy days, we are here today with this super easy recipe. This Chicken Paella recipe is super easy to make and it is amazingly flavorful. Read this complete recipe and try it at home.