In the era of several startups emerging, it is strenuous for a person to decide whether or not to take up a particular form of startup. Moreover, any startup domain that is chosen needs guidance and business ideas to flourish. Therefore, let’s discuss one of the most complex yet opportunistic start-up domains, cloud computing. This article is aimed at providing you with details on the subject and will also share a host of cloud computing business ideas with you.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing refers to the way to access storage and computer systems without really owning them or conducting active management of these resources. The cloud computing services offer an array of options that include storage fundamentals, networking, and the processing capability that is through to natural language processing, and even artificial intelligence (AI). In addition, it also serves a wide range of standard office applications.
The three primary types of cloud computing are discussed below.
- Software as a Service(SaaS): This refers to a service approach to supplying software applications to clients via digital mode. This enables one to access the software digitally without actual installation and maintenance of it.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): It shifts the office infrastructure to private and public computing systems instead of the traditional form of the in-office data center.
- Platform as a Service(PaaS): In this model, a third-party service provider supplies software and hardware tools to its users via the Internet.
The cloud computing business sector is currently expanding rapidly. Moreover, due to high market-induced demand, several top cloud computing companies such as Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle, and IBM cloud, emerged and are now competing against one another.
The advantages of cloud computing services are as follows:
- Cost reduction
- Available 24 X 7
- Capacity flexibility
- All-round functionality
- Self-executed software updates
- Higher security
- Availability of carbon footprint
- Advanced collaboration
- Easy management of documents
- Simple to manage
Top Cloud Computing Business Ideas
For a startup in the cloud computing business domain, it is necessary to have a guide of ideas to execute based on industry needs. The ideas shared below are focused on different types of services that you can focus on in your startup and the possible ways to implement these ideas. The suggestions are based on the various benefits of cloud computing in business that one should deploy.
1. Cloud Application Development Service
A cloud application or app is a software program developed for integrating cloud-based services and local components together. These cloud solutions ensure an array of benefits that include security, speed, and flexibility of resources and infrastructure. Professional cloud application development teams devise, design, and build services that are fully secure, indefinitely scalable, and efficient enough to make the user experience better. The advantages provided by such a cloud computing business are straightforward, impeccable design, and cloud services’ complex infrastructure. These solutions enable a higher level of security and better technology. If determined, one can ace the sector and get their name on the list of the top cloud companies.
2. Presentation Software
Cloud-based online presentation software is the service that enables one to make a presentation on the cloud after logging in. Presentation software is generally based on a desktop or the cloud computing system that enables one to curate and present relevant information to the target audience using multiple multimedia elements such as video, images, text, and even audio. These digital software offer endless sizes for files, enhanced analytics, and effortless sharing.
The popular presentation software for reference are listed below.
- Custom Show
- Haiku Deck
- Apple Keynote
- Google Slides
3. Cloud Telecommunication Solutions
Today, a majority of telecom providers are highly dependent on larger computing infrastructures. This is because integrating cloud services provide them with the benefit of reducing the need for internal computing resources and their maintenance. Moreover, it also enables the option of earning from the extra cloud storage by lending it to those who are willing to pay for it. Cloud telecommunication service providers supply infrastructure to store voice and data. These are digital-based communications through voice and data wherein telecommunication apps, switching, and the storage system are enabled by a third party who operates these from outside the organization.
The three benefits that cloud communication service providers offer are:
- Supply of applications and services developed for communication through voice and data.
- Enabling these services on the networks or servers owned and maintained by the provider itself.
- Grant access to the cloud to the ultimate customers.
4. Cloud Printing Technology
Due to the increasing popularity of cloud computing business services, it is also being used for printing. Cloud printing services enable the user to print from any available device on the cloud server. These services work by connecting digital appliances such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, and workstations with the printer stations available. This cloud solution benefits the customer by eradicating the need for any printer driver. Therefore, the end-users can enjoy a reliable and seamless p[rinting across the various stations without having to worry about the usage of hardware and the choice of printing location.
A cloud solutions company in this sector will aim to revolutionize the traditional printing process. The other benefits that cloud printing provides are listed below.
- Optimum costing
- Environment friendly
- Multiple software upgrades
- Easy usage
- Flexible device usage
- IT server integration
5. Cloud Monitoring Service
Cloud monitoring can be defined as the process of evaluating, managing, monitoring, and controlling cloud-based applications, technology, and infrastructure. It also involves the review of workflow that is operational in nature along with the processes that undergo within the cloud infrastructure.
The various types of cloud services available for monitoring are mentioned below.
- PaaS: Services that are developer-friendly that include caching, SQL databases, storage, and others
- FaaS: Latest server-less apps such as Azure Functions and AWS Lambda.
- SaaS: Services such as Salesforce and Office 365 among others.
- IaaS: Servers enabled by cloud services providers like AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean, and several others
- Application Hosting: Services like Heroku, Azure App Services, and so on.
What Are The Various Forms Of Cloud Monitoring?
The various forms of monitoring technology and techniques that are available have been explained further.
- Web page monitoring: It includes monitoring processes, traffic, the availability of cloud-enabled websites, and resource usage.
- Virtual network monitoring: It involves tracking the resources of virtual networks, the device operations, connections, and performance of the cloud.
- VM Monitoring: It refers to monitoring the virtual machines that had been created on the cloud.
- Application Monitoring: Actively monitoring the performance and availability of crucial applications that were deployed on the cloud earlier.
- Storage Monitoring: Monitoring the resources for storage on the cloud and checking the utilization of these resources. This is crucial for cloud data storage companies.
- Database Monitoring: It involves monitoring multiple components of the resources for the cloud database that include queries, availability, processes, and consumption.
6. Cloud Security Business
Any Cloud computing business that provides security protection is known as a cloud security firm. It includes services that involve the protection of cloud data and information from threats of online theft, hacking, deletion, leaking, etc. Cloud security is provided through a host of applications, policies, provisions, firewalls, VPN controls, some software-based tools, and technologies. This service is also a part of the cloud network or computer security.
Various categories of the aforementioned service are listed below:
- Software-defined compute (SDC) security
- Cloud access security brokers (CASB)
- SaaS security
- Cloud workload protection platforms
7. Cloud Real Estate Business
About 80% of the major real estate participants are using one or other form of cloud service. This is why this is an amazing idea to start a cloud computing business in this domain. Just like many other industries, the real estate sector is also adopting cloud technology. This radical change has greatly impacted the listing, photography, and search practices, for both commercial and residential properties. Further, the sale and identification of the property by potential buyers have been affected.
The merits that the cloud real estate business provides are:
- Reduced operating costs
- Fast and efficient
- Advanced data security
- Enhanced continuity of the business
- Improved and consistently better workflows
8. Cloud Software Engineering Service
Cloud-based software companies are the ones that most organizations consider to complete their objective of scaling up their businesses and are able to harness IT services at a feasible cost. Software engineering with a service motive leads to the integration of some of the best characteristics of both the service and cloud-computing sectors. Thus, enabling a vast range of benefits for the development of software and applications.
The advantages that the cloud computing business in this domain provides are listed below.
- Scalability of operations
- Lower operating costs
- Recovery from any adverse happening
- Faster availability of resources
- Several models and offerings
- Vast geographic reach
- Easier access and deployment
9. Cloud Marketing Business
Cloud marketing can be identified as the process of a company’s efforts toward marketing its products and services digitally by integrating digital experiences which are specialized for benefiting each and every end-user. The aforementioned concept of cloud marketing has advanced rapidly due to the alarming growth of the Internet and the presence of a society that has become flexible in terms of data consumption and engagement of two-way communication with known brands. This concept is completely diverted from the traditional means of marketing that involve print publications, and running ads on television, or radio advertisements.
The areas where the cloud computing business operates in the marketing domain are listed below.
- Marketing automation
- Lead tracking
- Inbound marketing
- Sales cycle management
- Cloud ERP
10. Cloud Automation Engineering Solutions
A cloud automation engineer proves to be highly challenging for most of the IT professionals out there. This is because they have to fulfill a vast range of requirements. The primary responsibilities of a cloud automation engineer include:
- Offer software supply operations and support for management of application releases. In addition, they have to perform coding and scripting for the same. Ensure automated approach and deployment processing, the faster harnessing of resources, and provide reengineering services.
- Make use of the latest modules, updates, upgrades, and fixes to the production ecosystem. Might also need to help with production support.
- Build self-executing deployments for persistent application and software releases with almost zero downtime.
- Perform maintenance of script and its updates due to required changes or newer implementations.
- Conduct evaluations on existing application softwares or platforms. The parameters for it include gap analysis, identification of affordable alternative services, and help in analyzing the scope of modifications required. This is done to provide any advice to enhance the performance of those softwares.
As a cloud automation engineering solutions provider, you can flourish since this cloud computing service aims at providing an array of benefits that facilitate the complex process of automation engineering. Therefore, with the right team and guidance, one can ace the race since this area of cloud services doesn’t have the cut-throat competition that other fields experience.
11. Cloud File Hosting
Cloud file hosting service providers enable Information Technology (IT) services through the Internet (the digital hub). Cloud computing services stretch from complete application development platforms to storage, servers, and even virtual desktops. The advent of cloud hosting has transformed the hosting sector and made it better, thereby, enhancing reliability and resilience for its customers. It also enables cloud storage facilities that aid in storing data from anywhere in a remote location that can be accessed with utmost flexibility. However, cloud hosting would not be a service employed by everyone since small and simple websites would prefer traditional packages.
12. Cloud Computing Technologist
Professional cloud engineers are accountable for the assessment of a business’ infrastructure and updating various features on a cloud-based network according to the demand. This is because the majority of companies have been moving forward with transferring vital business processes, applications, and software, to private, public, and/or hybrid cloud computing servers. According to data by a NetEnrich report, a huge 68% of the IT industry participants have now switched to public cloud infrastructure. Therefore, it will be beneficial to start a cloud computing business as a technologist to aid these IT companies and profit from it.
Future Prospect Of Cloud Computing
Nowadays, businesses in several sectors have been trying to find unique approaches to expand and establish their set goals. Cloud computing can aid these companies in doing so and they will surely grow in the coming future. Moreover, cloud computing services companies are also expected to grow further due to the various advantages it provides. These include:
- Better storage capacity
- Advanced Internet and digital performance
- Prioritizing modular software
- Curated data will show future changes
- Enhanced cloud services
- Improved security provisions
- Economically efficient
Cloud computing business undertakings can prove to be extremely fruitful in the future owing to the growing nature of the domain. Therefore, one can have faith in it while considering the domain for a startup enterprise.