Moringa oleifera Lam (Moringaceae) can be found around the subtropical and tropical regions of the country. There are various parts in the plant that are a great source of proteins, vitamins, amino acids, various phenolics, and Beta carotene. But along with that, it is said to carry some magical benefits for the hairs. So in this article, we will discuss the Moringa benefits for hair.
Can Moringa Grow Hair?
Moringa is known to contain pterygospermin which acts as an antibacterial and antifungal benefit that helps to prevent dandruff, itchy scalp, eczema, bacterial blisters, and psoriasis. And while preventing all this, it ensures that there is proper and strong growth of hair. Now you may wonder, is Moringa good for hair fall? Yes, it reduces hair fall and encourages hair growth.
Some Moringa Benefits For Hair
Moringa oleifera Lam is commonly known as “Drumstick”. It bears fruits, flowers, and leaves and is all edible and is often used in many recipes. The roots of all the parts of Moringa that are edible are used to make medicines. It is available in powder form and also in supplement oils. Let us have a look at some of the Moringa powder benefits for hair and also Moringa oil.
- Antioxidant Activity: The Moringa oil has antibacterial effects and is rich in antioxidants. It is widely used in the tropical regions to get rid of harmful radicals. Also, Moringa oil prevents loss of hair by skulking free radicals. Along with that its antibacterial properties help to prevent scalp infection.
- Anti Inflammatory Properties: It has been found from animal studies that Moringa oil helps to prevent hyperproliferative and inflammatory issues of the skin. The oil has inflammatory properties and the leaf extracts can cure atopic dermatitis.
- Improves The Level Of Vitamin A: Sebum production is regulated by Vitamin A, so it is very important to have the right proportion of Vitamin A in our body. Dietary Vitamin A regulates hair follicle’s optimal functions. But consuming too much of Vitamin A can, in turn, cause hair loss. So taking Moringa powder as a supplement will prevent Vitamin A deficiency.
- Hair Cell Development: As we know by this time that Moringa is rich in amino acids. So amino acids are building blocks for cells that allow hairs to rejuvenate and also reduces alopecia. It instantly activates the hair follicles that are dormant that allow hair growth in bad areas. Moringa paste for hair enables such development. Now you may wonder “How do you make Moringa paste for hair?” We will discuss that along with Moringa powder hair mask recipe in the sections below.
- Nourishment Of Scalp: Iron is an important element for hair growth and Moringa contains iron. It increases the amount of oxygen in your blood that carries up to the scalp. More oxygen implies your hair follicles have enough nutrition for healthy hair growth.
How Do You Make Moringa Paste For Hair?
The Moringa powder hair mask recipe is very simple. First, add 1 tbsp of Moringa powder, ¼ of a mashed avocado, 1 tbsp of olive oil, and 1 tbsp of honey to a food grinder until it makes a nice paste. Then apply that paste starting from your scalp to the ends of your hair strings and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Then wash your hair thoroughly.
How To Make Moringa Oil For Hair Growth?
Moringa oil is great for hair and our skin as well. It increases hair growth, prevents hair loss, treats diabetes, improves better sleep, and many more. So to get Moringa benefits for hair here is a recipe for Moringa oil.
- 3 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoon Shea Oil
- 2 tablespoon Almond Oil
- 1 teaspoon Castor Oil
- 1 teaspoon Moringa Powder
- 1 bowl and 1 mason jar
Take a bowl and add all the oils first and mix them well. Then add the Moringa powder. Then mix them well again. When the mixture is done. Take a jar and a strainer and strain the oil into the jar. You will be left with the powder particles which you can use separately. Your Moringa oil is ready to use.
How To Use Moringa Oil For Hair Growth?
As stated above Moringa oil has many benefits. You can use that on your hair as well as on your skin.
Moringa oil can be said to be a powerful hair conditioner. Place your jar of Moringa oil in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes. Don’t boil it. Apply the oil on your hair strands and also massage it onto your scalp. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Then wash your hair. Repeat this twice or every week to get the best results.
Clean your face and moisturize it with your daily moisturizer. Use a couple of drops of the Moringa oil on your finger and pat the oil over your face and neck. Don’t rub. The oil will let the moisture into your skin sit well. You can also use this moringa oil as a massage oil. It absorbs on your skin very well.
Moringa is considered a powerful ingredient that can allow you to take care of various metabolic syndromes and also health issues which includes hair loss. The edible part of the tree can be consumed as a supplement and the roots of these edible parts are also used for making medicines. But they are best for hair. The above are some Moringa benefits for hair.