Uday Kotak is a 63 year old (as of 2022) billionaire banker of India aside from being the executive vice chairman and managing director of Kotak Mahindra Bank. He had diversified his business into various areas of financial services, while establishing a prominent hold in bills discounting, investment banking, stockbroking, car finance, mutual funds and life insurance. In 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. stood as the first company in India’s corporate history that received a banking license from the Reserve Bank of India. He earned a bachelor's degree from Sydenham College and completed a postgraduate degree in management studies in 1982 from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies.
Industry Affiliations and Associations
Uday Kotak has been in the member position for a couple of communities such as:
- Government of India's High Level Committee on Financing Infrastructure
- Primary Market Advisory Committee of the Securities & Exchange Board of India
- Board of Governors of the National Institute of Securities Markets and ICRIER
- Governing Member of the Mahindra United World College of India
- National Council of CII
- Strategic board advising the national law firm, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
Awards & Accolades
Some of his awards and accolades include:
- He was named Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur Of The Year in June 2014
- Sole Indian Financier to feature in Money Masters: The Most Powerful People in The Financial World, by Forbes magazine, US (May 2016)
- India Today magazine ranked him 8th in the India's 50 most powerful people of 2017 list.