NET WORTH: $19.6 BILLION (As of 19th April, 2022)
SOURCE OF WEALTH: STEEL, DIVERSIFIED
Savitri Jindal is 72 years old (as of 2022) Indian businesswoman and a politician. She is the president of the Maharaja Agrasen Medical College, Agroha. She is one of the richest women in India and was the 16th richest Indian back in 2016 when she held $4.0 billion. She was also the 453rd richest person in the world in 2016 and is considered to be the seventh richest mother in the world. She actively contributes to the public work that her husband started. Jindal Steels is the third-largest producer of steel in India.
Industry Affiliations and Associations
Her industry affiliations and associations include:
- She is the president of the Maharaja Agrasen Medical College, Agroha.
- Elected to the Haryana Vidhan Sabha from Hisar constituency (earlier represented by her late husband).
- Appointed as the Cabinet Member of the Haryana Government in 2013
- Served as a member of the Haryana Legislative Assembly in 2014
- She had served as the Minister of State for Revenue and Disaster Management, Consolidation, Rehabilitation, and Housing and also the Minister of State for Urban Local Bodies and Housing.
Awards & Accolades
She has been awarded and recognized for:
- Acharya Tulsi Kartritva Puraskar, Akhil Bhartiya Terapanth Mahila Mandal, 2008
- International Award For Women’s Empowerment, AsiaOne magazine’s award, at the 14th edition of its Pride of the Nation Honours series and Asia-Africa Business and Social Forum summit, 2021