NET WORTH: $99.6 BILLION (As of 19th April, 2022)
SOURCE OF WEALTH: DIVERSIFIED
Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani (commonly called Mukesh Ambani), is a 65 year old (as of 2022) businessman, chairman, managing director, and the largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL). He is a chemical engineer from the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (also otherwise University Department of Chemical Technology, University of Mumbai). He had pursued an MBA from Stanford University in the United States. Since 1977, he has been on the board of Reliance. Reliance came into being following the hardships of the businessman in various fields such as textiles, polyester fibres, petrochemicals, petroleum refining, and finally oil and gas exploration and production.
Industry Affiliations and Associations
Mukesh Ambani secures the position of member in the following forums:
- Stanford Global Advisory Council
- McKinsey & Company International Advisory Council
- The Business Council
- Chairman of the Board of Governors, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University in Gujarat
- India Advisory Group of the London School of Economics
- India Advisory Council of The British Asian Trust (as Chairman)
- Indo-U.S. CEOs’ Forum
- Board of Governors of the National Council of Applied Economic Research, India
- Global Advisory Council of Bank of America
- International Advisory Council of The Brookings Institution.
- United States National Academy of Engineering (As Foreign Member).
Awards & Accolades
Mukesh Ambani has been bestowed with a number of awards for chairmanship since 2000. Here is the list:
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2000.
- School of Engineering and Applied Science Dean's Medal - University of Pennsylvania in 2010.
- Global Leadership Award - Business Council for International Understanding in 2010.
- Business Leader of the Year - NDTV India in 2010.
- Businessman of the Year - Financial Chronicle in 2010.
- 5th best performing CEO in the world - Harvard Business Review ranking of top 50 global CEOs in 2010.
- One of ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’- TIME magazine in 2011.
- One of ‘25 Greatest Global Living Legends’ – NDTV in 2013.
- ‘Global Challenger’ – Boston Consulting Group in 2013.
- ‘Entrepreneur of the Decade’ – All-India Management Association in 2013.
- Honorary Doctor of Science – Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai in 2015.
- Othmer Gold Medal – Chemical Heritage Foundation, USA in 2016.
- Foreign Member – US National Academy of Engineering in 2016.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Honoris Causa) – Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee in 2016.
- Only Indian to be featured on Forbes Global Game Changers List in 2017.
- Economic Times Business Leader of the Year in 2017.
- Fortune – World’s 50 Greatest Leaders in 2018.
- Foreign Policy’s Top 100 Global Thinkers in 2019.
- TIME 100 Most Influential People in 2019.
- RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani on India Today's 'Power List 2020' in 2020.
- Iconic Business Leader of the Decade Award, CNBC-TV18 India Business Leaders Awards in 2020.
- RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani ranked among Top 5 World’s Most Famous, Most Reputable CEOs in the global Brand Guardianship Index 2021 by Brand Finance in 2021.